Introducing another new Further Shore program, “Private Pandemic Parlor”. In addition to our group Zoom Pandemic Parlors we are now freely offering this activity to provide you with one on one support. Private Pandemic Parlor meetings are by appointment only. Please inquire via an email to Aleia@Furthershore.org
Please note Webster’s definition of “Parlor”: a room for the reception or entertainment of visitors in one’s home. Meetings will take place in your own home ‘parlor’ on Zoom, so you need to download the free application and know how to use it. You will need a quiet space and an hour of time set aside for the session.
Each session will include:
Empathetic Listening – as a long-time wellness coach, I have made a practice of listening carefully and on many levels. While it is true that we are all in this together, it is equally true that our personal experiences are distinctly unique to each one of us. My goal is to offer a safe empathetic listening space and reflect what I am hearing with a witnessing presence and compassion.
Acknowledgement – I feel that now, just listening is not enough. Dr. Marshall Rosenberg has given us a wonderful listening tool through compassionate communication. I will be listening to acknowledge your experience and the attendant, accompanying feelings and unmet needs that may be present for you.
Healing – this word’s root meaning is “healthy” or “whole”. Our goal in this hour-long session is to bring you into a more whole state. We will co-create healing using modalities such as: guided meditation, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), sound healing with Tibetan bowls, self-applied Jin Shin, and other energy modalities.
Reasons to enter a Private Parlor may include but are not limited to:
- Self-care during the pandemic including coping strategies for emotional and social health challenges
- Health and safety choices for self and/or for those you are caring for
- Discussion about mortality concerns (for self or those you care for)
- Caregiver burnout
- Professional, familial, and/or personal relationship stress
- Grief Support to reduce stress, find meaning, and increase emotional well-being when coping with loss or anticipatory loss
- Guidance on how to remember and celebrate a loved one who has died during the pandemic
No donation is required, however if you want to make a donation to support this and other programs, it can be done via PayPal at the website www.furthershore.org/donate/paypal or via check mailed to Further Shore, Inc.; P.O. Box 23518; Flagstaff, AZ 86002.