Learn More About Further Shore’s Work
This little 7 minute short was filmed, directed, edited and produced by Justin Jones for a Northern Arizona University student project.
“Honest listening is one of the best medicines we can offer the dying and the bereaved.”-Jean Cameron, Author of Time to Live, Time to Die
The mission and purpose of Further Shore, Inc. is to provide resources and education about living well and dying with dignity.
Further Shore is formed to offer prehospice education and practical, hands-on support for the seriously ill person and their loved ones. These programs are also for anyone wishing to explore these issues in a safe setting, before a crisis arises or after the death of a loved one. Our programs provide support and compassionate care appropriate to whatever stage you and your family may face along the way, and are custom-designed and facilitated to help alleviate the anxiety associated with transition and loss.
The Characteristics of Further Shore Activities:
- Heart centered
- Light and loving
- Thought provoking
- Community building
- Educational on many levels
- Interactive and experiential
- Authentic and compassionate
- Blending of arts and sciences
- Encouraging of self empowerment
- Personally and professionally enriching
- Supportive of individual and collective creativity
- Enhances and helps create sacred spaces or states of consciousness
- Acknowledgement of living and dying as blessings beyond measure